Our client Student Roost are an owner and operator of purpose-built student accommodation across the UK. They're unrecognisable from the small brand that launched in 2017, having already created a portfolio of over 20,000 beds and they have the ambition to increase that in the near future!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and fast paced marketing department. The Marketing Apprentice will support all areas of marketing and the wider team to help deliver sector leading campaigns that help deliver our clients business objectives. They will have the opportunity to work, learn and build skills across the whole marketing mix but in particular; marketing campaigns, budgets, CRM, website updates, social media, internal Comms to name a few.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the team to plan and deliver marketing campaigns
- Liaise with suppliers and team members to schedule and communicate deadlines
- Support with ordering media and marketing assets for campaigns
- Maintain work trackers for the team and support with managing requests for marketing services
- Support with collating stats and performance information to review the effectiveness of campaigns
- Set up and manage new supplier registrations
- Set up purchase orders and processing invoices to the Finance team
- Keep on top of receipting of invoices
- Update Head of Marketing, Brand and Campaigns Manager and Digital Manager on status of suppliers/ invoices and spend
- Champion the Student Roost website, making sure it looks its best at all times
- Provide content updates to the website, on an ad-hoc basis
- Update third party websites to ensure a consistent look and feel of the Student Roost brand
- Link building with external parties to support content and SEO staff with optimisation of the Student Roost website
- Stay up-to-date on website trends, developments, and competitor activity
PEOPLE & COMMUNICATION:
- Work with their internal teams to support on city/ property level activity
- Work alongside the Marketing team and third parties to ensure smooth execution of the marketing campaigns
- Assist with execution of email marketing calendar to support a regular schedule of communication
- Build email templates and assist with copy creation
- Partner with Customer Service Agents to oversee updates to email marketing messages
- Assist with data segmentation to ensure we’re sending the right message to the right person
- Assist with their social media approval process
- Assist with scheduling social media when required
- Be willing to join a weekend rota for monitoring social media at busy times
- Get under the skin of the social media platform and become the team champion
- Manage the marketing inbox - signposting enquiries to internal departments when required
- Being the first point of contact for property requests for marketing assets and materials
- Support with delivering marketing toolkits to properties
- Assist with monthly and campaign reports
So if you are at the start of your marketing career, eager to learn and a self-starter, then they are looking for you! You’ll be surrounded by experienced marketers and in an exciting and fast growing sector - the perfect combination to learn and develop!
Our client would be looking into the possibility of making the successful candidate a permanent employee; upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and ensuring that they have displayed the right skills and attributes.
The Marketing Team are based at Head Office in Birmingham. Currently they are all working from home but are looking at how they will work from June 2021 onwards. This role will need someone who is able commute to Birmingham City Centre when required.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working with internal clients
- Experience in engaging with a youth audience
- An understanding of student accommodation sales cycle
- Experience with Hootsuite social media management tool (Desirable)
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- A flair and passion for marketing and sales
- Able to plan ahead and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- An inquisitive mind forever googling and learning
- Creative, innovative and ambitious
5 GCSE's graded C/4, equivalent and above including English and maths.
At least 12 months previous experience within a Marketing role and/or a Level 3 in Digital Marketing is required for this qualification.
higher Marketing Executive Standard.
A Marketing Executive will help shape, support and deliver marketing plans, working in conjunction with the Marketing Manager who will define the overall marketing strategy. A highly audience focused role which requires creativity, communication and project management skills - these individuals are responsible for planning and executing tactical and targeted marketing activity.