Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Developing a strategy for social media posts, planning and scheduling on a 3-month rolling basis
- Ongoing interaction with influencers across different platforms
- Regularly reviewing competitor social media and hashtags
- Working with Director to develop a strategy to engage with online and other publications and press that our target audience is engaging with – e.g. blogs/ interior design platforms etc.
- Content creation for use across all digital marketing platforms
- Dissemination of literature and other marketing materials to clients, prospects and other audiences
- Capturing and editing video and photos of projects for use across all marketing platforms including case studies and testimonials
- Fully optimising website, reviewing content and updating regularly including monthly blog posts
- Reviewing the analytics from social media and website regularly
- Updating Google My Business and other online listings
- Managing the Directors’ and company LinkedIn accounts
- Supporting Director with prospect research and follow up
- Using the company CRM package and other available tools to produce monthly reports on marketing activity
- Implementation of customer journey to engage clients and ensure timely follow up
- Keeping the customer database up to date
- Participating in weekly team meetings
Permanent opportunity will be available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Chalfont St Giles / HP8 4RQ – is a temporary location and is not our permanent office space: We are looking at both options for co-working spaces and private offices in a Central High Wycombe location.
As the role starts out, the apprentice will be working from home.
We are currently viewing several office locations in Central High Wycombe with the intention to have secured somewhere suitable by 1st May 2021.
- Team culture is important and we have group meetings every week as well as social activities and site visits for educational purpose too
- Coffee club membership provided
- Flexible working is encouraged as well as working from home
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Strong written English and verbal skills
- Familiar with Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Experience with WordPress and SEO
- Highly organised and attention to detail
- Experience of working with luxury brands or high-end clients
- Ambitious and keen to grow with the company
- Proactive approach to work
- Intuitive and takes initiative
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Digital marketer level 3 standard.
Approximately 12% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 8% is done in the workplace, through workplace units, face-to-face meetings with your QA Assessor, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.