Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the effective and creative planning and organising of college events including college open days, achievement ceremonies, apprenticeship job fairs, online events and external events, liaising with key service areas and departments
- Assist in the promotion/marketing of college events through a wide range of internal and external marketing channels in run up to and after events
- Assist in the maintenance of the college websites, ensuring content is up to date, relevant and effective
- Provide a professional front of house service and act confidently as ambassador for the college at internal and external events
- Assist the Marketing and Events team in reviewing, monitoring and delivering marketing campaign elements for the college’s key programmes and services, delivering email marketing, social media, online and print advertising, press, design and website activities
- Provide administrative support for all aspects of the college marketing function and undertake general word processing, database input, administrative duties, mailshots and event preparation as required
- Gathering and recording of key marketing and communication metrics for department reports
- Co-ordinate the distribution of marketing materials to include college prospectuses and posters to a wide range of organisations and internally
- Other reasonable duties at the request of the Marketing Manager and wider team.
- To actively advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations within the College community
- To adhere to College equal opportunities policies, procedures and practices
- To maintain professional standards in relationships, including non-discriminatory practices, and to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Actively support the College’s values, policies and procedures, particularly responding to those relating to health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity, data protection and GDPR
- Be familiar with and promote safeguarding requirements, as outlined in the Safeguarding Policy and Procedure and ensure you undertake appropriate training provided by the College
- Carry out such duties and responsibilities under the Health and safety at Work (etc) Act 1974 and associated legislation as described in the College’s Health and Safety policy documents
- Adhere to the Risk Management Policy and to notify your line manager of any identified risk
- Such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be reasonably required at any of the College locations
Potential of a full-time job offered upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Mainly based at the Cambridge Campus but will often work at the Huntingdon Campus, must be able to travel to both.
Please note that this job description is current as of the date shown above. In consultation with you, it is liable to change to reflect changes in the job.
Flexible working - availability for some evenings and weekends.
Willingness to carry out some travel independently.
To undertake relevant apprenticeship programmes.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of using Word and Excel and Social Media platforms
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills - Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and external contacts
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Confident and flexible to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work proactively with initiative
- Willing to update and adapt skills as required by the demands of the role
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Open and friendly disposition
- Innovative and creative
- Acts with integrity in a trustworthy manner
- Creative skills
- Professional in attitude and appearance
- Flexible approach to work
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable Adults
- Commitment to equality and diversity
Minimum GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Digital Marketer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- College day release
- On the job training