Marketing and Communications/Business Administrator Apprenticeship
Portsmouth CIty Council
PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL
We have two opportunities for an apprentice to join Portsmouth City Council's award-winning marketing and corporate communications service:
- Apprentice communications administration assistant - marketing and corporate communications team. Working across a range of directorates, this role will assist with the delivery of campaigns that help the council deliver on its goal to make Portsmouth a place that is fairer for everyone: a city where the council works together with thriving communities to put people at the heart of everything we do
- Apprentice marketing administration assistant - Portsmouth International Port. This post will split its time across two sites (the port and the Civic Offices) and will be an essential part of the team at Portsmouth International Port. The port is popular for travelling to Europe and the Channel Islands, it’s also growing its cruise offer. The marketing and communications team is also responsible for Portico, the cargo operator famous for importing the majority of the UK’s bananas
You'll work towards a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration during your time with us, which will include dedicated study time to help you achieve this A-Level equivalent qualification.
What is the role?
Both posts will be responsible for providing support for our busy marketing and communications team, getting involved in media monitoring, digital and social media, events and collateral creation and production, as well as providing essential administrative support.
The role will undertake tasks including:
- Preparing daily media monitoring reports
- Supporting the design, production and dispatch of marketing and communications collateral, including printed and event and exhibition materials
- Researching, writing and building digital content, including materials for web, social media and email marketing
- Preparing materials for and attending events, where you will represent the council to people from a range of backgrounds
- Taking phone calls from a range of internal and external customers
- Providing administrative support to the wider team, including data entry, managing calendars, identifying venues for events and other administrative support as needed
The role may require some evening and weekend work and travel within the UK.
These roles will give you an insight into the opportunities available within the communications and marketing sector and will provide you with on the job work experience which will help you to take the next steps in your marketing and communications career.
Once you have obtained your level 3 qualification and completed your business administration apprenticeship there may be the possibility to progress to a higher level apprenticeship studying a more specialised qualification.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Regardless of your age, previous experience or qualifications (although you must be at least 16 years of age and not in full-time education), we welcome applications from those that show potential, determination and a drive to succeed. In return we'll give you the support you need to kick-start your career under the management of our skilled and experienced staff, whilst earning, learning and achieving nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
- The ability to work well within in a team and use your initiative when working alone
- Good organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to prioritise your workload and seek support when needed
- Excellent writing skills and a creative mind-set
- Good computer skills, including the use of social media and digital marketing
- Good English and maths skills
- Good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Experience of working or volunteering in a communications environment are preferred, but not essential
- A professional but friendly demeanour when working within the team and external customers
- An interest in working in the communications and marketing sector
- The ability to work well under pressure
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C (4) to A* (9) in English, maths and IT.
This apprenticeship opportunity will help you to develop the skills needed to work in an advanced administrative role as well as developing a range of skills and knowledge related to your workplace. This is an excellent opportunity to earn while you learn.
This Apprenticeship standard will consist of a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, Level 2 Functional English, maths and IT (depending on your current attainment levels). The apprenticeship provides a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours which can be gained working across an organisation and it's processes. The apprenticeship is a firm grounding in organisational operations and functional processes as well as the wider working environment.
You will also be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA) which consists of three elements; a knowledge test, a portfolio based interview and a project presentation.
Training and assessment will be delivered both in the workplace and off the job by Portsmouth City Council's in-house training provider (Community Learning Service).
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.