Leonardo's two-year Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities including working towards achievement of an Engineering Operations Diploma Level 2 (Engineering Operative (ST0537).
You will undertake a series of three-month rotational placements – covering Mechanical Assembly, Electromechanical Assembly, Electro Optic Assembly and product testing, whilst attending College on a day release basis.
The apprenticeship will also involve daily meetings on schedule adherence, load boards and visual Key Performance Indicators, with an emphasis on you organising your own workload to ensure time is utilised effectively. Later in the apprenticeship, you will provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices.
Key Responsibility Areas
Through rotational placements you will gather real work evidence such as written logs describing day-to-day tasks completed and highlighting the key manufacturing competencies you have demonstrated.
The apprenticeship will require you to complete a folder of evidence, demonstrating your development into a well-rounded manufacturing operative through on-the-job training. During this time you will also be attending college on day release to gain vocational qualifications. You will be expected to keep up to date with college requirements.
- The qualifications and experience gained on this apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive renumeration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Able to work together
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Please note, that in order to apply for this opportunity, you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business
- 2 GCSE grades 9-3 or grades A*-D or equivalent, including mandatory English and maths
- Engineering Operative level 2 standard
- Functional Skills if required
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests with the next generation of engineers.