The successful applicant will be a key member of the Operational team at the factory, supporting with compliance to our Quality, Energy and Environmental management systems.
Key responsibilities whilst training will include:
- Sampling/ testing, and analysis of all raw materials and finished product
- Carry out quality, environmental and energy measurements / checks
- Collation, processing and analysing key performance data across the manufacturing process
- Assist in the development of Safe Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments
- Analysing complaints from our customers
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will move into a Management role with responsibility for leading, motivating and developing a multi-functional team to optimise the performance of the factory, thereby exceeding customer expectations.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are essential to our academic and business strengths. We believe that excellence comes through recognising the value of each individual.
Sheffield Hallam University welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Performance-based salary increases throughout the programme.
- Good communication skills
- Able to balance the demands of the learning programme and those of the working environment
- Willing to learn
- Hard working
- Attentive to detail
We are looking for candidates with:
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in mathematics and English Language, plus one of the following:
- 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications, including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject to at least AS level (or equivalent)
- BBC at A Level including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject plus at least one other from physics, physical science, engineering science, computer science, technology, chemistry or other science or technology subject (or equivalent)
- DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma in a science or technology-based subject (including passes in mathematics and two other science or technology-based modules) (or equivalent)
- Level 6 Materials Science Technologist Apprenticeship standard:
- The apprentice will study part-time towards a BEng (Hons) Materials Technology qualification in partnership with Sheffield Hallam University over 3 years