GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme:
Our manufacturing apprenticeship is designed to create the manufacturing technicians of the future. As a manufacturing apprentice, you will develop the skills and knowledge required to operate the systems and equipment that produce our pharmaceutical products - from tablet manufacturing to pharmaceutical respiratory device filling, assembly and packaging.
What will you do?
You will be part of our manufacturing team. During the apprenticeship, you will study the theory of pharmaceutical production, first touch engineering and lean manufacturing as well as safety and risk management. You will complete a series of on-site job rotations, learning how to operate the different equipment that makes our pharmaceutical products.
Your duties might include:
- Learning how to operate equipment in the manufacture and packaging of our pharmaceutical products
- First touch engineering - root causing and solving breakdowns
- Data collection, analysis and trending to identify improvement opportunities
- Improvement projects
- Learning about the functions that support manufacturing (Laboratory, engineering, logistics & scheduling)
- Assisting in new product and equipment introductions
- Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
- A fully sponsored level 3 apprenticeship including an HNC
- A competitive annual salary of £14,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
Get to grips with our recruitment process:
You’ll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website - https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apprentice-programmes/applying-for-our-apprentice-programme/
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here.
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible as we do not want you to miss out!
We’re 100% open to all talent:
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also, because it’s the right thing to do.
We hope that the apprenticeship will lead to a long and successful career at GSK. We have apprentice alumni in a variety of senior roles across the business.
As a manufacturing apprentice, you will develop the skills and knowledge required to operate the systems and equipment that produce our pharmaceutical products - from tablet manufacturing to pharmaceutical respiratory device filling, assembly and packaging
- To have achieved/predicted to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade 9-5 (A*-C or above) including maths and a Science
- You must have/be predicted English Language (not Literature) at grade 4/C or above or equivalent
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Science Manufacturing Technician level 3 standard.
On our 3-year programme, you’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications - a level 3 apprenticeship including an HNC.
If you are offered an apprenticeship, you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Working with both your line and programme manager, we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.