Duties to include:
- Learning how to setup and operate a modern touch screen extrusion line.
- Following a production plan via a barcode tracking system
- Perform various quality checks using state of the art profile scanning machines.
- Learning how to change complex extrusion tooling dies.
- Learn how to perform basic machine & tool maintenance.
This is a twelve-month apprenticeship with a starting wage of £6.00 ph. This is reviewed after six months and if the apprentice is progressing well will be increased. After the twelve-month review if the apprentice has attained a solid foundation & knowledge. They will be rewarded with a full-time contract on the same rate of pay as the other operators. Currently this is £12.63 plus 5.5% bonus.
Thermoseal Group will provide experienced mentor based on the job training. This will be in parallel to a polymer training course in conjunction with Wolverhampton University.
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good practical skills
- Good listener
- Absorber of information
GCSE or equivalents in English and maths at A-C/7-4.
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship gaining a Level 2 qualification, Lean Manufacturing Operative.