What would be your key responsibilities?
The Plymouth Manufacturing apprenticeship is a 3-year programme designed to give real hands on experience. You will also receive mentorship and coaching from experienced operations associates, as well as many development opportunities to ensure you reach your potential.
Working alongside our Operations teams you will be;
- Developing leadership skills to enable you to support a team to achieve results
- Learning how to operate, diagnose faults and repair our equipment
- Working across process and wrapping areas
On successful completion of the Manufacturing apprenticeship you will move into a Manufacturing Operator role at our Plymouth factory, this will be shift based and see you working as part of a team. The primary role of a Manufacturing Operator at Mars is to demonstrate leadership, ownership and accountability for a number of machines, processes or pieces of equipment and carry out complex operational tasks required on one or more production lines. The Manufacturing Operator will work alongside a small team of operators to achieve line KPIs and take the lead in repairing mechanical breakdowns having a contributory influence over a whole line's performance.
This is an exciting 3-year Apprenticeship, where you will be working towards the L3 Advanced Food Process Operator qualification.
What can you expect from Mars?
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
A weekly chocolate and gum allowance, meaning you can share the smiles with your friends and family.
A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and professionally.
- A demonstrable interest in leadership
- Communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The desire to learn
- Willing and able to travel to our Plymouth site and college
5 GCSEs or equivalent including Grade C (4) or above in maths, English, Science and two others
Food and Drink Advanced Process Operator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 3 Diploma in Food & Drink Operations
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths as required (exemptions apply).
- The successful candidate will also need to complete a diagnostic assessment, which will help us plan the appropriate support required to meet your individual needs