Leonardo MW Ltd
LEONARDO MW LTD
You will undertake a series of three-month rotational placements covering:
- Mechanical assembly
- Electromechanical assembly
- Environmental facility
- Material supply and logistics
- Master production scheduling and industrial engineering
- Identifying and resolving problems as they occur, within basic operating procedures
- The qualifications and experience gained on this apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. The deadline for applications is 28th February 2020. Assessment Centres will take place between January and May 2020.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving.
We reward commitment with a competitive renumeration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Please note, that in order to apply for this opportunity, you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
- 2 GCSE grades 9-4 or grades A*-C or equivalent, including mandatory English and maths
Engineering Operative level 3 Apprenticeship standard:
- Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 people nationwide
- We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards
- Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests with the next generation of engineers
- The apprenticeship will also involve daily meetings on schedule adherence, load boards and visual Key Performance Indicators, with an emphasis on you organising your own workload to ensure time is utilised effectively. Later in the apprenticeship, you will provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices
- You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between the Company’s UK sites to meet with colleagues, customers and suppliers
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.