The apprenticeship programme will be manufacturing based learning with practical on the job training within the many manufacturing departments. You will rotate between plants and different products working alongside industry professionals to gain a broad experience of each department.
Carrying out duties such as:
- Delivering the required production demand for a number of Pharmaceutical products
- Operation of manufacturing equipment, including start up and shutdown procedures, in process checks
- Performing critical quality checks in line with current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP)
- Use of Lean manufacturing tools
There are two key Manufacturing areas of Macclesfield Site, the Global Packaging centre of excellence and the Sterile Parenteral Manufacturing Area. You will be selected for one of these areas where you will complete your Apprenticeship, the focus will be on gaining an in depth knowledge of the area for which you will be working in and become a fully integrated part of the manufacturing team. Your will be trained to become a fully competent and validated team member who will work in a small team.
You'll receive an Apprenticeship Training Plan that describes the training needed for the standard. It may include a mixture of external and internal training that will ensure that you are fully competent by the end of the programme. It will show when each area of the standard must be acquired and assessed, and which areas may require off the job study/activities.
Our Apprentices gain transferable core skills and knowledge. In addition, gaining skills specific to the working practices of their place of employment. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression.
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be a full time position available
- AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be
- We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements
- Successful candidates will be asked to attend an Assessment day during the week commencing 23rd April 2020 in Macclesfield
- This is a 2-year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield with a competitive salary on offer. Please note you will be required to work to a shift pattern
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literacy
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving, making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- The ability to learn
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9-4 including English and Science and Maths at Grade 6
- To have achieved or be predicted to achieve a minimum of One A-level or equivalent at grade C
Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Qualification