What will the apprentice be doing?
As MAN Truck & Bus' training provider, Remit are recruiting for a Parts Advisor apprentice for their Sleaford depot. Are you looking for fantastic career progression? If so, this apprenticeship might be just for you! The advantage of this apprenticeship is the progression opportunities once you have achieved your qualification. You'll not only be trained in how to excel within the Parts Advisor role, but also learn about the whole supply chain, from sourcing materials to manufacturing, through to the final product and aftersales services.
You'll gain an understanding of the financial, operational and logistical side of the business. What does the role of Parts Advisor involve? • Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in the correct locations.
Duties will include:
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Supply Chain is at the heart of every business, especially a vehicle parts department. The apprenticeship is delivered over 24 months and apprentices will be expected to complete self-study tasks during the programme.
Development Coaches will deliver 1-2-1 and group sessions with ongoing guided support from the employer throughout the programme.
As a result of your training, you will achieve:
- Supply Chain Practioner Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As an apprentice, you will be a full-time employee from the very beginning and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the MAN team
- Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress to positions such as Supervisor or Manager
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Enthusiasm to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential