John Arnolds’ is MAN Truck & Bus’s sole dealer in Bedfordshire and as their training provider, Remit are recruiting for a Parts Advisor apprentice for their Wilstead Industrial Park, Bedford depot.
Do you love working with people?
Are you friendly and approachable?
Can you provide great customer service?
If so, this apprenticeship might be just for you!
Working within John Arnolds’ Parts Department as an apprentice Parts Advisor you will be serving both internal and external customers in a professional and timely manner, giving them a fantastic customer experience.
The role will be both demanding and rewarding, building good relationships with the Technicians and customers ensuring they receive the best advice through the use of your every growing product knowledge and the use of parts catalogues and computer stock lists.
What does the role of Parts Advisor involve?
- Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service
- Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in the correct locations
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and who want to deliver great customer service.
If this is you, why not apply?
As an apprentice, you will be a full-time employee from the very beginning and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the John Arnold team.
Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress to positions such as Supervisor or Manager.
Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you are among the shortlisted candidates, you will be invited to attend an online presentation to discuss the opportunity in greater detail. Following that, you will be required to complete online English and maths assessments before your application is submitted to the employer.
- Excellent IT skills, using Outlook, Word and Excel
- Punctuality and good timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills, professional telephone manner (coaching available for those who are a bit shy)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
- Workplace maturity and professionalism
- Proactive attitude
- Can work to a high standard
You must have GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent/predicted) in English and maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
Level 3 Supply Chain Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
As part of the apprentice role, you will be carrying out tasks such as picking and packing, moving stock around, maintaining stock records, receiving deliveries, and cleaning. You will be checking stock for damages and will be loading goods ready for delivery.
You will learn how to safely use a variety of machinery, equipment, and potentially vehicles that are common to a warehouse environment.
You will learn the essential health and safety policies and procedures involved in the warehouse industry and will also develop key interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally.