Supply Chain is at the heart of every business - it is a system of organisations, people, activities, information and resources involved in moving products or services from supplier to customer. It may include the transformation of natural resources, raw materials and components into a finished product.
You will be responsible for:
- Report to the Depot Manager and provide day-to-day support
- To correctly interpret instructions from internal and external customers
- Communicate and build proactive relationships with workshop technicians, issuing parts and to support them in the completion of jobs
- Order appropriate parts in a timely manner from suppliers following notification
- Communicating any delays to ordered parts promptly to the Depot Manager
- To keep abreast of the latest technical information which is circulated or displayed
- To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Liaising with the depots Service Department to ensure that parts are available on time
- Processing orders
- Locating stock and ensuring the locations are correctly inputted on the DMS
Aquila believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Travel: Please make sure you can commute easily each day to arrive at work for 8am.
Being computer literate in Microsoft Office would be an advantage, and you will receive full training on Aquila's own systems.
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to deliver great customer service.
No previous Parts, Warehouse or Customer Service experience/qualifications are required, but you would ideally have GCSE 9-4/A*-C in English and maths (or equivalent).
As part of the apprentice role, you will be carrying out tasks such as picking and packing, moving stock around, maintaining stock records, receiving deliveries, and cleaning. You will be checking stock for damages and will be loading goods ready for delivery. You will learn how to safely use a variety of machinery, equipment, and potentially vehicles that are common to a warehouse environment. You will learn the essential health and safety policies and procedures involved in the warehouse industry and will also develop key interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Warehouse Supply Chain Practitioner Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths at Level 2 (if required)