Working within the Parts Department, you will be the first point of contact for our customers over the telephone and in branch so it’s vital they have a welcoming experience. Our customers expect a high level of service and parts expertise and we don’t like to disappoint!
The Parts Advisor role will be both demanding and rewarding. You will be an essential contact with John Arnold colleagues and external customers. You will need to build rapport with peers and customers, to provide an excellent service. You will ensure that the Workshop Teams and customers’ needs and requirements for parts are met through the effective use of parts catalogues and computer stock lists.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service
- Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in the correct locations
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
John Arnold's believe in providing an extensive, high-quality Apprenticeship that gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfill their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Being computer literate in Microsoft Office would be an advantage, and you will receive full training on John Arnold's own internal systems.
You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for the industry and a real thirst to learn and become a specialist in all things MAN Truck & Bus.
No previous customer service qualifications are required, but you would ideally have GCSE 9-4/A*-C in English and maths (or equivalent).
As part of the apprentice role, you will be carrying out tasks such as picking and packing, moving stock around, maintaining stock records, receiving deliveries, and cleaning. You will be checking stock for damages and will be loading goods ready for delivery. You will learn how to safely use a variety of machinery, equipment, and potentially vehicles that are common to a warehouse environment. You will learn the essential health and safety policies and procedures involved in the warehouse industry and will also develop key interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Warehouse Supply Chain Practitioner Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths at Level 2 (if required)