Looking to start your career in property maintenance?
We, at Serco, are looking to recruit an Apprentice Property Maintenance Operative to support our AASC contract.
As a Maintenance Operative Apprentice for AASC you will provide building maintenance services and contribute towards the delivery of a safe and secure environment for people living on the property. You will carry out both planned and reactive maintenance tasks, whilst under supervision to ensure that all properties in the portfolio meet the required standards under the AASC contract.
Serco has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme. You will develop the skills you need for the job by working alongside your colleagues and getting hands on experience. You will be helped to build relationships with peers, allowing you to achieve your professional development objectives. Full training and support will be given for this role.
About the role
- Ensure that there is no hazard to users of the property and check all relevant property reports before undertaking works in the properties, e.g. asbestos, potentially dangerous persons, structural reports. Any hazards report to line manager or supervisor.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and the relevant Serco safety standards when on duty
- Purchase materials from approved Serco suppliers, as per internal processes and agreements and ensure all documentation relating to materials is kept in order to reconcile transactions and tasks
- Remove all waste from properties when in attendance and ensure that it is recycled, where possible, or disposed of as per local regulations. #sercoap
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
- You will be subject to security screening before the final offer of employment is made
- The role is physical and there will be a requirement to be mobile for most of the working period.
- You will be subject to online assessments as part of the assessment process
- This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all offers of employment are subject to security clearance checks and approval by the Home Office.
- A driver’s licence is required for the role, as you will be asked to drive within the region and occasionally within the UK, however the van is provided.
- We are looking for somebody who is, enthusiastic, confident, determined and hardworking and who is happy to constantly learn and develop new skills with an interest in Property Maintenance.
- You will be proactive, resourceful and efficient with a can-do attitude and committed to Serco’s Values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride.
- The ideal candidate will have GCSE’S grades A* to C (or 9 to 4 in the new grading system) in maths and English or the acceptable equivalent, but this is not required.
L2 Property Maintenance Operative
Functional skills in maths and English if needed