What will the apprentice be doing?
- Record practical work required for your course(s) in the prescribed manner.
- Attend apprentice learning events run by the Crick.
- Fully engage in review meetings with your manager and training provider.
- Maintain agreed progress in all theory and practical work required for your apprenticeship.
- To conduct work as required by your mentor / practical trainer.
- To gain experience and knowledge and engineering skills to enable you to become competent to work as you progress through your apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
At completion of the Apprenticeship you will become a qualified and competent Mechanical Engineering Technician/Instrument maker with skills knowledge and experience in:
- Hand tools and Fabrication, CAD software.
- Manual and CNC machining, working with a wide range of materials in the metal and polymer families.
The apprentice will be required to:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Engineering Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Team Leader / Manager
Reality CheckTo find more information on this position, please navigate to the following website: www.crick.ac.uk/apprentices2022
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential