What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintain the safety of the working environment and operations.
- Maintain the integrity of tasks completed on a daily basis.
- Maintain effective operation of plant and equipment in one or more Industries.
Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technicians covers 7 roles:
- Electrical Technicians.
- Mechanical Technicians.
- Control & Instrumentation Technicians.
- Wind Turbine Technicians Electrical System and Process Control Technicians.
- Electromechanical Technicians and Plant Operations Technicians.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Maintenance & Operations Engineering Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Team Leader / manager
Reality Check• Start date at college; end Sept 2022
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential