Maintenance & Operations Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship Level 3 - Advanced (Level 3)
Harrow and Uxbridge College
You’ll be joining Equinix and undertaking an apprenticeship in a rewarding and challenging role using the latest Technology and Equipment for data transfer and connectivity.
You will be carrying out installation and maintenance of complex electronic components that are Equinix’s range of products, such as;
- These Technicians will undertake installation, testing, servicing, removal, replacement, maintenance and repair of a range of equipment, sometimes complex. They may also undertake decommissioning activities when product is being removed from service
- Position, assemble, install and dismantle electrical plant and equipment, which will include motors, switchgear, cables & conductors, to agreed specifications - carry out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance procedures on electrical plant and equipment. - replace, repair and/or remove components in electrical plant and equipment and ensure its return to operational condition. - diagnose and determine the cause of faults in electrical plant and equipment
- Diagnose and determine the cause of faults within integrated equipment - calibrate and configure integrated electrical apparatus, systems and control equipment.
- Replace, repair and/or remove components within integrated electronic equipment and ensure its return to operational condition
- Skilled engineer / Team Leader / Manager
- The company would prefer someone with a full/clean driving licence due to the two working locations are remote from public transport links – one in Slough and one in Acton
- Please note you must not have done a Level 3 Engineering course full time at a college or training provider. Apprenticeship rules mean that we cannot take an ex full time learner on to an apprenticeship because you will have done at least 50%+ of the learning at college already and we cannot gain funding from the Governments Skills Funding Agency if this is the case
- Being able to follow instructions
- Having good communication skills especially on the telephone
- Being methodical and organised
- Having good concentration
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- Mandatory GCSE Level C/4 in maths & English or GCSE Grade 4/5 in maths & English or equivalent
Apprentices will be required to attend college for 2 days per week for the first 18 months, at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate will support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- QCF Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.