We offer a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship in Maintenance & Operations Level 3. You will spend time on site at clients premises in and around developing your role within our security and fire prevention team and you will also spend time at college, where you can meet other apprentices and learn more about the technical aspects of engineering. You will be learning;
- Comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations
- Locate, and rectify faults on equipment - communicate with and provide information with personal role and responsibilities
- Read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
- Prepare work areas to undertake work related activities and reinstate those areas after the completion of the work related activities
- Inspect and maintain appropriate equipment to meet operational requirements
- Assess and test the performance and condition of equipment - communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification
- Position, assemble, install and dismantle mechanical or electrical plant and equipment, to agreed specifications
- Carry out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance procedures on equipment
- Replace, repair and/or remove components in mechanical or electrical equipment and ensure its return to operational condition
- Diagnose and determine the cause of faults in equipment
Skilled engineer, team leader, manager.
- Attend all college classes if applicable
- Record practical work required for your course(s) in the prescribed manner
- Attend apprentice learning events run by the company
- Fully engage in review meetings with your manager and training provider
- Maintain agreed progress in all theory and practical work required for your apprenticeship
- To conduct work as required by your mentor / practical trainer
- To gain experience and knowledge and engineering skills to enable you to become competent to work as you progress through your apprenticeship
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to work in Engineering/Science
- A keen eye for detail
- A mature outlook
- A team player
GCSE English and maths 4-9/A-C.
You will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship and you will be competence assessed every 8 weeks by our industry experts.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.