- Contribute towards consistent delivery of production targets
- Assist with basic scheduled maintenance tasks and breakdowns
- Display creativity and innovative ideas in all areas to drive performance
- Work alongside skilled maintenance engineers across all disciplines to maximise product quality and production output
- React to plant breakdowns as required and assist maintenance team in finding solutions
What you will learn:
- Best practice of engineering disciplines in a heavy industrial environment
- Automated machine operation and operating principles
- Basic maintenance of automated equipment
- Engineering continual improvement practices
- Basic fabrication and welding
Full-time position on completion of apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good practical skills
- Logical thinker
- Hard working
- Desire to learn
Maths and English at GCSE grades 4/C-9/A* ( or equivalent) desirable or must be prepared to work towards Functional skills at L2.
- Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
This apprenticeship is delivered through a combination of Work Based Assessment and day/block release.
The programme will culminate in an End Point Assessment, where all the skills and knowledge gained on the apprenticeship will be formally tested.