Maintenance Engineering Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
Plastic Omnium Automotive Ltd
BURTON AND SOUTH DERBYSHIRE COLLEGE
A fantastic opportunity to gain a Level 3 Engineering qualification becoming a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with Plastic Omnium. The 44-month Maintenance Engineering training programme will be delivered by Toyota Manufacturing UK Ltd, Burton and South Derbyshire College, Plastic Omnium.
The training programme is in two stages:
- Stage 1. Based in the ‘Toyota Academy’ for 22 months you will learn engineering technical theory, gain practical skills, and undertake several personal development courses needed to help you commence your career in engineering and maintenance. You will also have some placement weeks within the Plastic Omnium facility in Measham
- Stage 2. You will spend 22 months with Plastic Omnium completing an engineering role practically learning how to apply your new skills
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Using hand tools
- Using and learning about machining
You will be employed on a full-time fixed term apprenticeship agreement with Plastic Omnium from day one. For the right candidates, there may be opportunity to study for further qualifications, such as a level 4 qualification or an engineering related degree.
There will be annual pay increases during the scheme and after successful completion. Please note that weekly wage is yet to be confirmed.
- Able to show us that you can work well as part of a team
- Passionate about working with your hands and solving problems
- Excited about working with the latest high-tech computerised equipment
- Willing to be patient and show outstanding attention to detail
- Willing to study hard on one of the industry's most advance Apprenticeship Schemes
- Motivated to work within the Design and Engineering field
To be eligible to apply you must have or be expecting 4 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English, and science.
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills
- VRQ Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and Technology
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
- Toyota Maintenance Way - Principles of Toyota Maintenance
- Personal Development – e.g. Teamwork, Practical Problem Solving, Presentation Skills
- Team Building Activity – A week away
- Health and Safety/Risk Assessment
- Toyota Manufacturing Techniques
- Additional Technical Skills - motors, protection and safety systems, introduction to digital electronics, sensing devices, relay logic
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.