What will the apprentice be doing?
Joining the Equans team as a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, your role will be focused on supporting the manufacturing processes on site. As part of your programme, you will learn how to:
- Interpret technical information
- Respond to requests for assistance
- Become competent locating and rectifying faults on machinery
- Identify the best solutions when making repairs
- Learn how to arrange for investigations by external contractors when required
- Become competent ordering replacement parts
- Learn how to record all changes made to equipment and plant
- Become competent performing a range of routine buildings and facilities maintenance
- Communicate, handover and confirm that the repair or preventative process has been completed using our tracking system
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This Maintenance Engineer Apprenticeship programme forms part of the company succession planning for the future.
You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be paid and day released to PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. You will learn how to work safely, work efficiently, use technical information, maintain mechanical and electrical equipment and use hand tools. Your Level 3 programme will include, a level 3 Engineering workbased qualification delivered in the workplace by PETA, and day release for 24 months to complete a level 3 Btec technical certificate - Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
Overall duration 45 months
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This Maintenance Engineer Apprenticeship programme forms part of the company succession planning for the future. Successful completion may lead to higher progression opportunities.
Reality CheckBenefits: Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas). Free parking on site. Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities. Overtime available. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Positive attitude, Willing to learn, Motivation and drive, Good hand to eye co-ordination
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential