KAB Seating specialises in the manufacture and supply of seats for various types of off-road equipment. We are currently looking for an apprentice to join our team in Northampton.
During the apprenticeship programme, successful candidates will train and develop skills in these assigned areas and will, in addition, have opportunity to work in:
- Technical design support
- Testing and validation
This is a 4 year apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering. Following the Electrical Mechatronic Maintenance Technician.
The first year will be spent at Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) in Coventry learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role. For the following years, apprentices will spend time working on site with assignments in a number of technical departments, while also attending MGTS on a day release basis to complete the necessary educational requirements for the programme.
Duties will include:
- Complete planned maintenance programmes
- Carry out electrical installation work
- To react to breakdowns on robots, PLC, inverters, motors etc.
- Support production processes through PLC programming
- Improvements to production processes through technology
- Maintain fluid power systems
- Design and development product harnesses and routing
Training at MGTS will involve:
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement activities
KAB Seating aims to offer permanent roles to all successful apprentices at the end of their training agreement and also to support their continuing professional development.
The first year of training will be at MGTS in Coventry (CV1 2JG). Monday – Thursday 08:00am – 16:00pm, Friday 08:00am – 12:00pm.
A contribution to travel costs will be included in the salary. The first year salary will be National Apprenticeship Wage, with annual staged incremental increases based on achievement of :
- Successful completion of Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- Successful completion of BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- In the fourth year, candidates who undertake a higher level HNC will receive funded sponsorship and a salary increase on successful completion
- Well organised
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of maths and Science
- Computer literate
- Must be physically fit
- A basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery
- Have a positive approach to work and learning
- Team player
- Safety conscious
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Enthusiastic to get involved, ask questions and learn
We are seeking applications from candidates who have or are predicted to gain:
- 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent). Grades must be A*-C/9-5 for maths and A*-C/9-4 for English, Science and two other subjects
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment