This role will be based at our Golcar site. As an Apprentice Maintenance Technician you will be joining a motivated and dedicated team and play an integral part in keeping manufacturing flowing. You will be supporting the site to ensure that operational efficiencies are maintained and to support all relevant site projects.
You will be working towards occupational competency in the following areas:
- Ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and following maintenance plans
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying to H and S procedures
- Preparing maintenance reports and update maintenance plans
- Electrical fault finding
- Electrical installation
- Mechanical fault finding and repairs
- Machine moving and installation
- Hydraulic fault finding and repairs
- Pneumatic fault finding and repairs
- Further training and job specific development is also a possibility
- All candidates will need to undertake a colour vision test
- You will be working in an environment which can occasionally reach high temperatures and with occasional working at heights and in confined spaces
- Off-the-job training will be delivered at Appris in Bradford. Standard days are 8.30am to 4.30pm / 5.15pm. Therefore, ensure you have the transportation methods required for both addresses before applying
Starting wage tbc and dependant on age and experience. Once fully qualified salary expectations £28 - £32K.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Up to 7% employer pension
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- An aptitude towards proactive work and a strong interest in engineering
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to learn with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work within a team while supporting and learning from those around you
- Evidence of listening and learning capability
- Evidence of team collaboration and effectiveness
- Personally disciplined
- Able to control and manage distraction
- Responsive, customer focused
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English and a science.
Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard:
You will study and be mentored in the workplace and at Appris, Bradford to become a fully skilled Engineering Technician.
See programme content below:
Year One - 1 day per week, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence Units)
Year Two and Three - 1 day per week, academic term time at Appris Engineering Training Centre:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge Units)
Year One to Four - Work Based Learning at IFG Drake (Training, Support, Mentoring and Assessment)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (Engineered Systems)
You will be also be supported in preparation for your End Point Assessment (EPA) with an independent external body.