Machinist Apprentice - Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Advanced (Level 3)
Mount Vernon Hospital
Harrow and Uxbridge College
The apprentice engineer will support the mechanical workshop and will learn all aspects of mechanical engineering.
You will be using lathes, mills, drilling equipment and equipment that is used for manufacture of patients prosthetic devices.
The apprentice will be involved in providing engineering support to the cancer centre manufacturing some bespoke products for cancer patient's, such as body, arm, leg, and head supports. These products are made from raw materials and you will be making these products from engineering drawings including 3D CAD and CNC.
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to produce machined components
- Determine the most efficient and effective approach to machine the component using a range of tools, machining process and techniques select and set up the correct tooling and work holding devices
- Set and adjust the machine operating parameters to produce the work pieces to the required specification. This will involve setting feeds and speeds for roughing and finishing operations
- You will be expected to be able set up, operate and adjust/edit equipment settings as applicable to the machine tool being used
- When using CNC equipment you will be expected to be able to produce, prove and/or edit programmes
- During and on completion of the machining operations you will be expected to measure and check the components being produced and make adjustments to the equipment/programme to ensure components meet the required specification
This list is not exhaustive
Skilled engineer / Team Leader / Manager
- Being able to follow instructions
- Having good communication skills especially on the telephone
- Being methodical and organised
- Having good concentration
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- You will be required to do a full DPR check
GCSE English and maths 4-9/A-C or equivalent
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x 2 days per week for the first 12 / 18 months, at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate will support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
Engineering Technician level 3
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.