Key duties of the role:
- Answering inbound calls from both drivers and customers
- Monitoring drivers working hours and driver activity by the hour
- Proactively dealing with driver’s issues relating to customer deliveries
- Reporting updates directly to our customers, building strong customer rapport
- Reporting vehicle faults promptly to the workshop, assisting with booking MOT’s and services
- Advising drivers both in person and over the telephone
- Using computer software packages for booking delivery times, checking to ensure accuracy with details
- Efficiently communicating with Traffic Planner on updates and issues
- Assist with Despatch Area Products in stock awaiting despatch audits
- Packaging up customer Fast Items for courier collections repairs for shipping
- Shipping of products to our customers via third party courier
- Updating our KPI reports service management and inventory control system
- Supporting the despatch department in the day to day running
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship programme, the learners role will be reviewed and considered for progression opportunities within the company.
Full driving licence is desired.
- Previous administrative experience, ideally in a warehouse or logistics environment
- IT literate, particularly in Excel
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach at all times
- Demonstrates an organised and methodical approach
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Team player with a flexible approach
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
The successful applicant will be enrolled onto a Level 2 Supply Chain Operator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
A dedicated trainer will guide the learner through every aspect of the Apprenticeship.