Duties will include:
- Undertake all activities within the warehouse environment in a safe manner
- Pick material in accordance with the instructions provided via the warehouse management system
- Pack material in accordance with the relevant packing specification or instruction
- Receipt and book in goods from suppliers
- Operate handheld pallet trucks and/or fork lift trucks as appropriate
- Gain knowledge of all operational departments including goods in, stores, main warehouse racking and the Thermal Break manufacturing lines
- Operate the Thermal Break machines, including setting and running of the machines
- Work as part of the operations team to identify and assist in implementing process improvements
- Work with management to maintain and improve safety and quality objectives
The aim will be for you to remain within the team as a permanent member of staff if a position is available, on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Salary range is from £210 - £280 per week depending on experience.
Hydro are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from a diverse range of applicants.
During your apprenticeship, your hours of work will be days only (8.00am - 4.00pm). Training will also include spending time and learning about all the business areas including finance, operations, customer service, procurement and sales.
- Good communicator
- Can work independently
- Team player
- Ability to follow instruction
- Positive attitude
- Has integrity
- Flexible in working hours
- Asks for help when unsure
- Grade 3/D or above GCSE maths and English (or the equivalent)
- Lean Manufacturing Operative level 2 standard