Logistics Administration Apprentice
BCD LOGISTICS LTD
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
A brilliant opportunity for a person who is looking to develop within a really busy environment. We are looking for someone who is able work confidently with other people, phone calls and customer service, we need you to work on your own initiative, thrive under pressure, enjoy a challenge and able to multi task. This person needs to pay attention to detail and offer solutions, we have many customers and they all have their own specifications.
Day to day duties will include:
- Supporting the team with the day to day running of a very busy company
- Dealing with any telephone enquiries in a polite and friendly manner
- Maintaining records
- Supporting the organisation
- General office duties, including scanning, photocopying and emailing
Please take a note of the VAC reference number of the vacancy that you are interested in as you will be asked for this during your application.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. On the next screen you will be asked to apply for the apprenticeship online. Once you have applied, you will be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
The Apprenticeship Recruitment Team – BMet 0121 362 1121
Progression towards a permanent position for the right applicant looking at a significant rise in salary.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location and also attend college. Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- The successful candidate will need to have excellent oral and communication skills with numerical competency (money handling)
- To have very strong time management skills
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships is also essential
- Problem solving with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues is also required
- Capable of completing tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- The right person will need to be a team player but also able to work on their own initiative as they develop
- The successful candidate will need to be committed and driven, full of energy with a willingness to learn and work hard
- The ability to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
- Confidentiality a must and able to communicate
Minimum 5 GCSEs inc maths and English (A*-D/9-3) or equivalent qualifications.
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Key or Functional Skills (if required)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.