You don't need previous kitchen experience or to have worked with Asian food before, just a passion for food, a great attitude and a willingness to learn, we'll teach you the rest! We have a dedicated 4-week training period when you join us, so we'll teach you everything you need to know to become a true wok star!
As a Wagamama line chef, you'll also receive some great benefits! If you think this is you, you could be doing the following
- You'll assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of Wagamama dishes, following our recipes and specifications
- You'll use fresh ingredients to cook hundreds of dishes for guests every single day.
- You'll support one of our four stations. wok, ramen, teppan and fry
- You'll work on a section, ensuring you're set up and ready for service and keeping it clean throughout your shift
- You'll keep our kitchens clean, safe and up to a high standard by following our health and safety procedures and cleaning practices
- You'll work as a team with the other chefs and have each other's backs
As a Wagamama line chef, you'll receive some great benefits.
- brilliant hourly rate and a share of staff tips
- weekly pay, every Friday
- free meal on shift
- a clean uniform provided every shift
- Christmas day off
- 4-week training period when you start
- internal development programmes to support you to take your first step into management
- apprenticeship opportunities, gain national qualifications
- 30 percent discount at Wagamama and other TRG brands when dining with friends and family
- company pension scheme
- financial wellbeing support
- perkbox. retail, gyms and restaurant discounts
- career progression and clear career pathways from line chef up to head chef
Wagamama provide plenty of opportunities for additional training and progression within the business.
- Good communication skills
A hunger to learn new skills and how to cook our brilliant food. You don't need previous kitchen experience, we'll teach you!
- Has a passion for food, people, and restaurants
- A team player and great communicator, who has a positive can-do attitude
- A caring individual, you care about other people, our teams, and guests
- In the spirit of change (kaizen), you're always looking to improve and help us be better than the day before
- Passionate about creating a brilliant experience for our guests
- Have an interest in cooking
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task and identify priorities
No previous qualifications required.
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes: Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required). End-Point Assessment (EPA)Your role as a line chef will help you learn lots of skills on the job, this will help you to step up to the next role with us in the future following completion of this apprenticeship and help to follow our career pathway up to head chef role. You will develop your knowledge of the industry and gain the skills that will ensure our guests feel well looked after and have a great experience. You will build excellent communication skills and will learn techniques on how to deal with a variety of people in a professional, polite, and friendly manner.