You don't need previous kitchen experience or to have worked with Asian food before, just a passion for food, a great attitude and a willingness to learn, we'll teach you the rest! We have a dedicated 4 week training period when you join us, so we'll teach you everything you need to know to become a true wok star! As a Wagamama line chef, you'll also receive some great benefits!
If you think this is you, you could be doing the following:
- You'll assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of wagamama dishes, following our recipes and specifications
- You'll use fresh ingredients to cook hundreds of dishes for guests every single day
- You'll support one of our four stations - wok, ramen, teppan and fry
- You'll work on a section, ensuring you're set up and ready for service and keeping it clean throughout your shift
- You'll keep our kitchens clean, safe and up to a high standard by following our health and safety procedures and cleaning practices
- You'll work as a team with the other chefs and have each other's backs
Wagamama provide plenty of opportunities for additional training and progression within the business.
- Good communication skills
- A hunger to learn new skills + how to cook our brilliant food. You don't need previous kitchen experience, we'll teach you!
- Has a passion for food, people + restaurants?
- A team player + great communicator, who has a positive can-do attitude
- A caring individual, you care about other people, our teams + guests
- In the spirit of change (kaizen), you're always looking to improve + help us be better than the day before
- Passionate about creating a brilliant experience for our guests
- Have an interest in cooking
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task and identify priorities
No previous qualifications required.
Depending on your role within the department, you may specialise in a particular area, but the skills you learn on this apprenticeship will allow you to work across all different areas which you may be required to support during busy periods. You will develop your knowledge of the industry and gain the skills that will ensure your customers feel well looked after and have a great experience. You will have excellent communication skills and will learn techniques on how to deal with a variety of people in a professional, polite and friendly manner. Following completion of this apprenticeship there may be opportunities for career progression and further study at a higher level.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2
- Functional Skills in English & maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2