What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Perform maintenance and provide customer support
- Diagnose problems and come up with solutions to repair them
- Order parts needed for repairs if needed
- Fill out detailed reports and keep records on services that have been performed
- Explain issues with equipment and repairs to customers
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- You will also be required to have a grade 4 or above in maths & English at GCSE level or equivalent.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Alliance Training Centre in Doncaster.
This means your college based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for 17 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 3 year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Assessments will also be conducted in the work place by a dedicated training assessor. You will also be assigned a workplace mentor for support in dealership.
As a result you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a full time role on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4) Essential