As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
- Servicing working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
- On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in Maths and English (where required) you will be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry
- No skills are required as we will provide all the training needed for the role, just bring your enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Mechanical interest
- Personal responsibility and resilience
- Problem solving
- None specified
This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the duration of the programme.
All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
- Gas air conditioning qualification