A normal day would include:
- Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
- You will be taught how to use tools and equipment used in Vehicle Maintenance and repair
- You will learn safe working procedures in the workshop
- You will assist other technicians with their work whilst receiving on the job training
- You will learn how to service a vehicle and safely remove and replace Engine, Chassis, Electrical and Transmission components
- You will go on to learn Simple and Complex Fault Diagnosis and Repairs on Engine, Chassis, Transmission and Electrical systems
What you could go on to do:
- You could go on to progress to become an MOT Tester with the company after completing the Apprenticeship
How you will be supported:
- Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
- To have a keen and genuine interest in the Automotive Trade
- Good knowledge and understanding of Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- A willing attitude to work and learn
- Ideally grades C (or 4) and above in GCSE Maths and English (or the equivalent) but not essential
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship, gaining a Level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.