Angus MacKinnon not only supply quality used cars but also offer full aftersales packages including Bosch Servicing, MOT's and Diagnostics on a wide range of vehicle makes and models from Abarth to Volvo.
You will receive first class training in all the latest servicing and diagnostic techniques to enable you to better help your customers whether they need a standard service, MOT or fault finding and all to the manufacturers standard.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
- Servicing - carrying out vehicle/tyre checks
- MOT's - assisting to identify parts with wear and tear
- Vehicle Maintenance - replacing/repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Maintaining repair and service records
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
At Angus MacKinnon they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications Travel: Please check you are able to travel to the Angus MacKinnon easily each day.
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
- You must have a strong passion for the industry and in your own personal development as Angus MacKinnon will help support you, with further training opportunities available
- Good work ethic, consistent attendance and punctuality are held in high regard
- If you have achieved a level 3 in a similar field, you may not be eligible for this apprenticeship
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9*-4/A-C in English and maths
This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
- F Gas air conditioning qualification