BCA Marketplace Ltd forms part of largest automotive group, Constellation Automotive Group which also includes industry leaders such as 'We Buy Any Car' and 'Cinch'.
Operating across over 50 employment locations across the UK, BCA also comprises the largest finished vehicle logistics operation of its type, including vehicle storage, preparation, and refurbishment as well as the UK's biggest vehicle transporter fleet.
As an Apprentice in BCA, you will receive training and support throughout your qualification and will learn the latest servicing and maintenance techniques to enable you to better help your customers whether they need a standard service, MOT, or repairs.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
- Servicing - carrying out vehicle/tyre checks
- MOT's - assisting to identify parts with wear and tear
- Vehicle Maintenance - replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Maintaining repair and service records
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing, or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
At BCA they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression. Apprentice loyalty bonus of up to £10,000, T&C apply
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests, or qualifications. Please check you are able to travel to the BCA branch easily each day.
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Due to the hours being more than 40 hours a week, applicants must be aged 18 or over.
Attained or working towards a Full UK driving licence.
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme.
All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice, and guidance.
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Gas air conditioning qualification