Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
Royce Service & Engineering
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Based at Royce Service and Engineering, you will be able to gain specialist knowledge on the repair and restoration of classic Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars. For over 35 years, they have specialised in every aspect of Rolls-Royce and Bentley vehicles, including the repair, restoration and sale of classic models and modern classics.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
- Servicing - working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The techniques and daily responsibilities will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
As a Light vehicle service and maintenance technician, you will gain the following knowledge and understanding:
- How vehicle service and repair is impacted by legislative, regulatory and ethical requirements, including health and safety law and environmental procedures
- The structure of the industry and how the business works from an operational perspective, business targets, the systems and processes that make up the efficient running of a business
- How to develop positive working relationships and communicate effectively and how to carry out self-evaluation and improve own performance
- The procedures for the maintenance of tools and the workshop
- Routine servicing and inspection procedures
- Steering and suspension geometries; electrical circuit requirements and calculations;
- Construction and operation of vehicle components and systems
- Common fault types, causes and effects of different types of faults
- The implications and legal requirements of fitting accessories and carrying out vehicle modifications
- How to diagnose faults using suitable fault finding strategies
- Construction and operation of advanced electrical, braking and suspension systems, engine and transmission systems and engine and gear calculations
- Vehicle emissions and legal requirements
- Alternative fuels and hybrid and electric systems
Believe in delivering a high quality and extensive Apprenticeship Programme to you in which will help you develop and achieve. On successful completition of the Apprentice Programme, Royce Service and Engineering ideally look to continue to develop and progress you within the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- The ability to use your initiative
- Analytical thinking skill
- Persistence and determination
- The ability to work well with others
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Mechanical interest
- Personal responsibility and resilience
- Problem solving
- You will ideally have at least 2 GCSEs or equivalent at grade 9-4/A*-C
- Holding a full UK driving licence would be advantageous
This is a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
- F Gas air conditioning qualification
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.