What will the apprentice be doing?
At Rivus we look after more than 85, 000 vehicles for customers in utilities, security, environmental and essential services, keeping Britain moving with our award winning end to end fleet management solutions. As an Apprentice at Rivus you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard. The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
- Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations.
If you want to go home from work every day knowing that you have played an important role in keeping some of the nation's most essential fleets on the road, then this is the Apprenticeship Programme for you.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group. Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme.
All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance. As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
- F Gas air conditioning qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By the end of your 3-year training, you will be to: Undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on light vehicles to the highest standards as a qualified Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Travel: Due to the location, please check you are able to travel to the Rivus site easily each day.
Skills RequiredEnthusiasm to learn, Mechanically minded
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired