As an Autocare Apprentice, you will carry out a range of services and repairs to cars and light goods vehicles. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will gain an excellent knowledge of technical, retail and customer service skills.
What will you be doing?
You will work alongside a qualified technician/mentor to learning the following skills and knowledge:
- Inspection, removal and repair of tyres, exhausts, shock absorbers, brakes, filters and batteries
- Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles
- Carrying out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance on the vehicles
- Delivering a high level of customer service to all your colleagues and customers
- Identifying vehicle problems with diagnostic equipment
- Ensuring high levels of Health and Safety are always met within the workshop
At Formula One, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Please check you are able to travel to the Formula One branch easily each day.
- The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles
- As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have
- Attained or working towards full UK driving licence at the permissible age - due to nature of the role
- If you have achieved a level 2 or higher in a similar automotive qualification, you may not be eligible
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths
This is an Autocare Technician Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group.
Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI)
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Monday to Friday) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualification(s):
- Autocare Technician Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English & maths (if required)