You’ll join one of our teams making contributions to our business as you study.
Besides classroom training, you’ll have a network of peers and our employee assistance program to help you.
You’ll be part of our team from day one. Learning alongside industry experts you will develop skills and knowledge to help you as you start your career with us.
You’ll have real responsibilities in a real working environment.
Dependent on your specialisms these will include:
- Work on enhancements and upgrades to our existing software
- Develop new applications as part of an agile team
- Review code and test applications
- Work on cloud-based platforms, servers and other infrastructure, monitoring and resolving problems
- Test for security vulnerabilities and run simulations for improvements
- Solving problems using big data
- Look for patterns that we can use to improve our products and services
The first year will be general studies and after that you’ll move into a specialism: Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Cybersecurity or Data Analytics.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you may be offered a full-time position
- You must not have previously achieved a qualification in the subject area of the degree apprenticeship programme you are applying for that is at Level 4 or higher (Please note that A levels and BTEC’s are Level 3)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Drive to learn
- We’re looking for highly motived students who have a passion for technology
- You should have a drive to learn new skills and the flexibility to take on different tasks
- Those who are good time managers and hard workers do well in this intense program that combines work and study
- We value diversity of thought, background and experience and we’re looking for those with many different skills to join one of our many teams
- Hold or predicted to achieve at least ABB in 3 A levels or equivalent with all subjects at least grade B or equivalent and with at least one subject which is mathematics, computing or IT based
- Have at least a grade C or 5 in maths and English Language GCSE or equivalent
- Been a UK resident for the past 3 years
Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Level 6 Apprenticeship Degree:
The successful candidate will be enrolled as a Degree Apprentice on the University of Exeter’s BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions programme.
Through this 4-year programme; you will work for an education in business IT which combines technical and professional skills.
The knowledge and training gained will then be implemented within the JP Morgan workplace environment.
The University of Exeter programme is delivered through a blended learning model which includes:
- 3 residentials of approximately 3-4 days’ duration, held at the University. This will include lecture, tutorial and workshop time, as well as opportunity to meet peers from other employers
- Online learning to be undertaken during the working week (typically up to one day per week), including web seminars, interactive activities, reading and assessments
- Reflective practice, assessing project work undertaken in the workplace