Level 4 Construction Apprenticeship
BAM CONSTRUCT UK LIMITED
Looking to start your path to a degree?
With this 2 year Apprenticeship you can complete either a Level 4 Construction Quantity Surveying Technician or Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship. When you apply you will be asked to select your interest in either Construction Management or Quantity Surveying. If successful, you will be interviewed specifically for the discipline that you selected.
Following the completion of your Level 4 programme, you will then progress onto the relevant three year Level 6 Apprenticeship, which will either be the Level 6 Construction Quantity Surveyor degree or the Level 6 Construction Site Management degree, resulting in your degree certification, plus your professional accreditation.
The programme is delivered in what we call ‘block release', which means you get the best of both worlds - a taste of university life and work! Each block typically lasts 4 weeks and you will attend a minimum of 2 blocks per academic year. During each block, you will live in student accommodation, close to our designated training provider.
When not on a block, you will be back on site or in the office, working Monday-Friday, while collecting evidence for your qualification.
As an Apprentice you will:
- Assist colleagues, as required, with providing effective engineering solutions
- Work on sites alongside other engineers, applying knowledge and increasing skill-base
- Providing assistance to management team, in liaison with safety, quality, commercial and estimating departments
- Production of simple contract reports (writing and compilation of reports)
- Ensure required site outputs and reports are produced (progress/safety/commercial/quality)
- General administration support to engineers
Progression onto a Level 6 (degree) in your chosen speciality, lasting 3 years.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Team working abilities
- Practical thinking
- Good problem solving skills
- We're looking for people with enthusiasm and initiative
- You will love working in a team, learn quickly and have a passion for working in construction
- You have a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent qualifications, including maths and English - grade C, GCSE grade 4 or above
- AND you are completing or have completed a minimum of one STEM A-level and 2 other A-Levels predicted or achieved grade C/4 or above
- OR you have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience and a GCSE or equivalent qualification in maths and English (grade C, GCSE grade 4 or above)
- OR you are in your final year or have completed a Level 3 Construction qualification and also have a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Block Release at Stephenson College
- Full details and framework including NVQ, Technical Certificate, NVQ, Employee Rights and Responsibilities and Functional Skills will be discussed at time of assessment/interview
- Level 4 HNC plus Eng Tech ICE or CIOB Certificate or Assoc RICS Higher Apprenticeship Programme
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.