Level 4 Construction Apprenticeship
BAM CONSTRUCT UK LIMITED
With this 2 year Apprenticeship you can complete either a Level 4 Construction Quantity Surveying Technician or Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship.
Once complete, you will then progress onto a Level 6 Construction Quantity Surveyor or Level 6 Construction Site Management Apprenticeship, each lasting approximately 3 years, resulting in your degree certification.
The programme is delivered in what we call ‘block release', which means you get the best of both worlds – a taste of university life and work! Each block typically lasts 4 weeks and you will attend a minimum of 2 blocks per academic year. During each block, you will live in student accommodation, close to Stephenson College, our designated training provider.
Our selected student accommodation is based in Loughborough, a busy University town. When not on a block, you will be back on site or in the office, working Monday-Friday, while collecting evidence for your qualification.
As an Apprentice you will:
- Assist colleagues, as required, with providing effective engineering solutions
- Work on sites alongside other engineers, applying knowledge and increasing skill-base
- Providing assistance to management team, in liaison with safety, quality, commercial and estimating departments
- Production of simple contract reports (writing and compilation of reports)
- Ensure required site outputs and reports are produced (progress/safety/commercial/quality)
- General administration support to engineers
Progression onto a Level 6 (degree) in your chosen speciality, lasting 3 years
- Good communication skills
- Team working abilities
- Practical thinking
- Good problem solving skills
- We're looking for people with enthusiasm and initiative
- You will love working in a team, learn quickly and have a passion for working in construction
You have a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent qualifications, including maths AND English - grade C, GCSE grade 4 or above
AND you are completing or have completed a minimum of one STEM A-level and 2 other A-Levels predicted or achieved grade C or above
OR you have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience and a GCSE or equivalent qualification in mjaths AND English (grade C, GCSE grade 4 or above)
OR you are in your final year or have completed a Level 3 Construction qualification and also have a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
Training to be provided
- Block Release at Stephenson College
- Full details and framework including NVQ, Technical Certificate, NVQ, Employee Rights and Responsibilities and Functional Skills will be discussed at time of assessment/interview
- Level 4 HNC plus Eng Tech ICE or CIOB Certificate or Assoc RICS Higher Apprenticeship Programme
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.