As an apprentice, you will be a key member of our External Affairs/Communications Team, working alongside subject matter experts delivering on meaningful projects that make a real difference. You will have the opportunity to develop key skills, gain valuable experiences, network with professionals across our organisation, all whilst receiving full support from a friendly team and studying towards a fully funded externally recognised qualification.
You will get the opportunity to collaborate and support on a variety of projects throughout your apprenticeship programme that will support you in your learning and achieving your qualification.
Some of your duties could include:
- Working to understand the structure of our organisation, our products and services we deliver and the sector in which we operate
- Understanding the role of external affairs, understanding our business plan and priorities and how these apply to your role
- Gain an understanding of our systems, tools and processes we use in external affairs and applying them to required tasks
- Gain sector specific insights, gain an understanding of strategic communications, social and digital media and policy best practice and stay up to date on current affairs and the external environment
- Gain an understanding of how to create a communications strategy and develop communications tactics
- Support in the production and distribution of content (e.g. press releases, policy statements, social media posts, website content, video content, infographics and image creation, etc.)
- Assist in the delivery of campaigns by collaborating with colleagues to support them in the delivery of various tasks/projects with a focus on social media and digital community management
- Support in the evaluation of results from campaigns using appropriate systems
- Support in daily operational and administrative management including development of materials through our approvals pathways
- Manage media monitoring
- Effectively manage client/colleague queries via phone, email and face-to-face
Please ensure you read through the guidance provided in the ‘how to apply’ section of the job description on our website prior to applying.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organisation’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
- You will have completed your GCSE’s or equivalent studies
- You will have also completed, or you will also need to have completed, your further education or equivalent by September 2021
- Public Relations Assistant level 4
- Training provided by Cambridge Marketing College