Level 4 Civil Engineering Apprentice
Devon County Council
Civil engineering is all about creating, improving and protecting the environment in which we live; from ensuring a constant supply of water, to building roads and bridges.
Civil engineers are the foundation for the essential facilities needed in everyday life and crucial to our future, as we continue to look for sustainable energy to help preserve our planet.
- Here at Devon County Council, we’re looking for higher level apprentice civil engineers to join our well-respected scheme
- Working in our Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste Service
- You’ll have a real passion and enthusiasm for engineering and be fully committed to achieving great results in your work and in your studies.
Joining the programme on a higher-level apprenticeship, you’ll gain an HNC in civil engineering and a supporting NVQ qualification. If you’ve already achieved your HNC we’ll support you to gain your HND or foundation degree. Alongside completing your apprenticeship qualification, you’ll also have the opportunity to work in either highway design, bridges and structures (including bridge maintenance), or highways and traffic management as part of a structured two-year programme.
To apply, ideally you will already have a level three qualification in civil engineering (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate an understanding of engineering issues and show a real aptitude for the role and a passion to learn more.You’ll be a real team player, ready to get stuck in, make the most of opportunities that come your way and thrive in a well-respected career. Good written and verbal skills are also important as you’ll be interacting with a range of people internally and externally, on a daily basis.
Opportunity to progress onto higher level study
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good computer skills
- Good Team Player
- Eager to learn
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s with a grade C/4 or above in English and Science (or equivalent) and a grade B/5 or above in maths.
Ideally prior completion of the Level 3 Civil Engineering course.
- Higher Apprenticeship in Construction Management (Level 4)
- BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
- NVQ Diploma in Construction Management
- Functional skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.