They will undertake planning work, cost control, document control, quality assurance, project administration, procurement and reporting activities in support of the project management function.
The role incorporates study and completion of the Level 3 Project Controls Technician apprenticeship.
Project Controls includes the technical disciplines of estimating, planning, scheduling and cost engineering for which this apprenticeship gives a comprehensive grounding leading to a role as a Project Controller.
The role will require the individual to participate in various areas of practical and theoretical training combined with Company specific training given in the workplace.
Typically, the type of work Project Controls Cost Engineering Apprentices will be involved in includes:
- Assisting in the production of estimates, plans, schedules and various reports used to track and monitor project delivery across a range of Nuclear Engineering and Decommissioning projects
- Candidates will gain a solid foundation within a professional project environment and have the opportunity to learn from experienced and friendly individuals
The training will include practical and on the job training as well as the completion of a Level 3 qualification in project controls practice which is a nationally recognised qualification.
- Administration duties in support of the following departments
- Cost Accounting
On successful completion of the scheme the apprentice would be eligible to apply to join the Association of Cost Engineers (ACostE) or with further training and development, the Association of Project Managers (APM). There are numerous opportunities to develop and move into associated roles.
We would prefer the applicants to live within the Aldermaston, Basingstoke and Reading areas as the role is based at Aldermaston.
Any link to design technology and strong analytical / IT skills combined with a basic knowledge of projects and their lifecycle would be looked upon favourably. Whilst academic ability plays a part, we care as much about your attitude and desire to be part of our future at NSG and we want to see evidence that you're genuinely interested in and enthusiastic about developing a career in Project Controls / Cost Engineering.
- A team player - an individual who thrives on working in a team environment
- Reliable and good time keeping
- Eager to learn
- Flexible with a passion for succeeding
- Commitment to and understanding of NSG’s Vision, Mission and Values
Applicants will need to have GCSE or equivalents in maths and English at grade C/4 or above.
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard No. 186 Project Controls Technician:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Project Controls Technician - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- ECITB Level 3 Dip in Project Controls Practice and Techniques
- Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Extended Cert in Engineering
The successful candidate will also need to complete a diagnostic assessment, which will help us plan the appropriate support required to meet your individual needs.