- Installation of gas central heating systems
- Installation of hot & cold water systems
- Bathroom installations, kitchen sink installations
- Gas boiler installations
- Radiator and pipework installations
- Diagnosing faults within heating systems including setting out working areas
- Potential of full time position on successful completion of apprenticeship
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time keeper
- Flexible approach to work
- Enthusiastic & willing to learn
- Grade 4 (C) GCSE, or equivalents, in maths & English is required for this apprenticeship
A level 3 plumbing & heating qualification graded via an end point assessment
By the end of this apprenticeship the candidate will have satisfied the requirements for registration as EngTech by the Engineering Council through The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) and or The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
On completion of the health and safety assessment, as determined, by the assessment plan the candidate will have satisfied the requirements to obtain a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card through the Joint Industry Board for Plumbing and Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES) at the appropriate grade.
College attendance is required as part of this apprenticeship.
Functional skills if needed.