Level 3 Personal Trainer Apprentice
NEW Body Health & Fitness
Creative Sport & Leisure Limited
- Answer the telephone where required
- Deal with new member queries and sell memberships where required
- Enter new member details on the system at sign up using our gym membership management software
- Ensure new members are set up on monthly payments
- Print and ensure member signature of membership agreement BEFORE induction (both contract and no contract options)
- Book appointments for inductions and deliver inductions (when qualified to at last level 2 in fitness instruction)
- Additional admin duties where required
Gym Floor Duties:
As you progress through your studies, you will become qualified to perform the following duties:
- Administer initial health checks and conduct monthly progress checks
- Carry out inductions for new members and update programmes on a monthly basis where required
- Clean and maintain the equipment – carry out basic maintenance checks where required and report any issues to management
- Remain on the gym floor EVERY time members are training to monitor and ensure members are following their prescribed programmes both effectively and safely
When provided, you will be required to wear the company’s branded top and suitable sports trousers and trainers.
Any issues with the company, job roles, other members of staff that could affect, in any way, the efficiency at which you conduct your duties should be reported to management immediately for further investigation.
As an employee, you are required to adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and ensure the safe day to day running of the studio. Any issues, accidents or near misses should be reported to management immediately and when both appropriate and safe, dealt with as soon as possible. It is your responsibility to ensure you work safely and do not put yourself or others at risk. It is our responsibility to ensure the necessary systems are in place to provide a safe working environment.
Your future prospects are very good. You will be able to either:
- Manage your own successful personal training business – within a gym, in-home or both
- After gaining experience, you can progress your way up to fitness manager, general manager, regional manager or above.
- Run exercise classes within a gym environment, such as specialist classes after obtaining additional qualifications
- Specialise to level 4 and above in a number of qualifications, such as level 4 low back pain, sports massage therapy, strength and conditioning and much more.
- A good level of maths and English
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- A passion for the fitness industry and helping others to achieve their goals
- Ideally, previous experience of training within a gym environment or similar. Although this is not essential.
- Good teamworking skills, with proven examples of effective teamwork
- A passion for helping others
- A good level of confidence
- Preferred: GCSE’s – ideally maths, English and science at grades 3/4 or above (C/D to A*) – Although this is not essential
- Preferred: Grade 4 or above in GCSE PE (grade C to A*) – This is not essential
- Or equivalents
The successful applicant will undergo training towards the diploma in personal training. If required, the candidate may also need to complete additional training in Maths and English to meet national standards.
During your duties at the gym, you will be required to attend a high quality training provider to ensure you receive the highest standards of training. This will be required once every other week, from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free