The right candidate will have a natural interest and enthusiasm for cars. They will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight timescales. They will also need to be able to work as part of a team and be prepared to work hard, having confidence, but at the same time know when to ask questions if unsure.
You will be carrying out all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing light vehicles including:
- Tyres and Brakes,
- Fault Diagnosis on cars and light commercial vehicles using computer equipment and through a process of elimination,
- Removal and replacement of a range of vehicle parts,
- Assisting the other members of the team with more complex tasks,
- Supporting the delivery of MOT Tests,
- A full-time role will be offered upon completion of this apprenticeship
Own transport essential as may need to work over all three branches
- Must have mechanical experience as these are busy garages and not suitable for a total novice,
- Own transport essential as may need to work over all three branches
- A good team player
- Have attention to detail
- Respectful to their customers
- Level 2 Motor Vehicle Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent (desired)
- GCSE or Level 2 equivalent maths and English required.
- Functional skills equivalent considered, but maths assesment may be required.
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Training will be delivered by Nova Training.