IT Champion is an independent IT support and solutions provider with clients located across the South West. Established in 2009, the company has a strong team ethos and support each other in providing IT support to businesses of all types ranging from 2 employees to 500 employees.
As an IT apprentice, you will assist the IT Support team in all aspects of maintaining and providing IT services to clients, who view IT Champion as the primary contact when they experience technical issues, problems and for general enquiries. The successful candidate will have an interest in technology and will be eager to develop their career in the IT sector.
- Installing and configuring PCs and Laptops for business use
- Upgrading or installing Windows, and business software such as Microsoft Office 365 and Antivirus tools
- Installing hardware, printers/scanners/wireless routers etc.
- Providing support via the phone to help resolve problems
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles as well as building new PC systems for users
- Deal with logging problems, escalating to 2nd and 3rd line where needed
- General office duties
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be offered permanent employment should there be a vacancy. IT Champion has successfully trained and supported apprentices for the last 6 years who have gained permanent employment contracts.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to converse on the phone and face-to-face
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate and practice common sense
- Shows initiative and forward thinking
- Previous experience using IT, in particular Microsoft Office
- Keen interest in IT and how IT systems work
- Hungry to learn, willing to develop and take on more responsibility
- Problem solving approach to technical issues
- Hard working and willing to put in time where needed
- Maths and English GCSEs at grades 4-9 (A-C), or equivalents
- You should be willing to work towards Functional Skills if these grades haven’t yet been achieved
Training will be provided in the workplace with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College one day per week to work towards the following:
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician (Standard) modules:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Processes
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (where required).