- Working to resolve a vast array of first line break/fix issues such as password resets, printer issues and so on
- Liaise with third party suppliers and vendors where required such as Internet Service Providers
- Pro-active monitoring and management of client infrastructure and services such as monitoring back-ups and patching
- Liaising with customers to troubleshoot issues and ensure they are satisfied with the resolution
- Configuring new hardware and software
- Assisting on occasional site visits
- Being the first point of contact for customers via phone, logging tickets and transferring incoming calls to internal staff
- Scheduling resources and day-to-day work of the service desk engineers
- Maintaining documentation
- Updating data within our line of business applications
Support Technician Duties:
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras.
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your networking career. On passing your Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain professional recognition for the Register of IT Technician (RITTech).
We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
- Comprehensive introductory modules to technical concepts
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard
- Training for all pathways of your IT career (support technician, network technician, digital communications technician)
- Specialising in a portfolio of evidence for the Support Technician pathway
- e-learning training materials
- Bi-weekly virtual classroom training on all options of the apprenticeships
- Access to virtual labs to develop technical competency
- Monthly work-based coaches visits and competency checks
- 9.00am - 5.00pm Support desk for technical support
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Option for vendor and technical certificates - e.g. CompTIA
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.